Realflight G5 ideas...

jeffpn said:
Wow, that was neato :rolleyes: Not really combat now, is it? You already have that option in G4 : DestroyVehicle.

Do you really? I wouldn't know, I don't have G4, only G3.5, I'm waiting for G5 to come out.

Airport Objects....

I would like to see power cables and steel towers added.... like 13.8KVA high tension lines to crash into... also the standard wood pole electric lines... These make for spectacular crashes and dismemberments.

Oh and of course the moving American FLAG object that flaps in the wind showing direction and wind speed.

darn no guns and bombs guese that is a little to much i should just get il2 then if i want that stuff but its nice to day dream about all that in rc.

how bout this,

different premade transmitter programming so that when you plug in your transmitter (i.e. DX7, 9303, 14MZ, etc etc etc...) you dont have to mess with anything, just find your transmitter on the list and fly

also being able to use the menu on your transmitter to program the aircraft like how you would in reality would be great

brian94066 said:
how bout this,

also being able to use the menu on your transmitter to program the aircraft like how you would in reality would be great

Not likely to happen.

Most of those nifty features your TX has, fall by the wayside in PPM mode.

PPM is the only "universal" communication constant among TX manufacturers.
That is why it is required for both the Interlink and Buddy boxes.

i know what numbskully wants sonic booms for his fantsy aircraft line nice numbskully making planes go over 1000 mph. if g5 comes out im gunna get it cuzz i only have g3.5 hope to see towable aircraft and more sound effects.

Being able to tow a glider up would probably be my biggest request. I tow my buddy's gliders with my Pilatus Porter all the time. Even if the tow plane was a drone that flew a certain pattern, it would be cool.

Last edited:
some Wishes for Realflight

be able to import our own sounds to be used for engines and motors.
sound import for the sound emitters in the airport editor.

ability to create and import our own depth buffer objects

Timer for flights or even better some kind of flight logger that is resettable

ability to have dust again in the airports. (that was cool to bad you toke it out)
also be be able to adjust surface in airports more (had that too, but not here any more)

I like Towing idea that would be useful.

also add underhand launch for foamys

a catapult for EDF jets (that we can use in any airport. )

weather settings with more range, the wind gusts need more range.
Problem using variable it changes direction to much to get gusts to work correctly.

airtronics adapter that works (and easy to buy) on new models like 8 and 10

2.4 Radios.

some i cant think of at the moment, but there is more.

Last edited:
CHOPPERSUEY said:
ability to have dust again in the airports. (that was cool to bad you toke it out)
also be be able to adjust surface in airports more (had that too, but not here any more)
i would also like to see these features "returned"
as well as giving us back the ability to edit the "sound resonance" in the aircraft editor
like we could do in 4.0

CHOPPERSUEY said:
ability to create and import our own depth buffer objects
If 3D airport objects can be created now, couldn't they be used as a depth buffer?

jeffpn said:
This isn't a combat sim. It's a radio controlled aircraft sim. Out should probably get MSCombat.

Combat Flight Simulator 3

i would also like to have a towplane for gliders, and more realistic crashes

Last edited:
I would to see RF5 to be able to add engine sounds and or edit files, via sample loop wave files, That should keep the files small enough to add in ea without bloating files to much.

Also to be able to have options to export user files to older versions back to G3.5.

brentg said:
Also to be able to have options to export user files to older versions back to G3.5.
Yuck. Please, KE, don't hold back on file quality to make it compatible with old software!!!

I'm really glad to see that that a lot of you agree to what I suggested in the first post to this thread:....
And there have been MANY other GREAT ideas here so far ! :D :D
Maj. Numbskully said:
Great Idea for a thread max..... :D
I would like to see a winch system for gliders
or at least a "bungee" system like "Up-Start"
and\or enable a way for two users in MP to tow and release gliders
or at least an A.I . Tow plane

jeffpn said:
Yuck. Please, KE, don't hold back on file quality to make it compatible with old software!!!

Yuck!............... So I take it you dont use any of the G3.5 or 4 custom content,or maybe you do, So importing is ok but not export?

Maybe my saying 3.5 was a stretch, but i am sure when G5 comes out, and if they change the extension, I will get just as many personal requests for porting my custom G5 content for G4 and G4.5 users.

They dont have to hold the quality of the software back, it is mostly the other way around like the addons that had to be upscaled to G4, The export problem lies mostly in the Kex file anyway.

I have a grand total of 2 custom aircraft installed, both of which I own IRL. But that is not why I don't want to export in old formats. G4.5 can import anything. Then you can tweak it to fly right, if needed. I think that the software could become bloated if it ultimately has to become compatible with several different file types, something surely would suffer. No reason people can't upgrade to 4.5, I did. Or learn how to make their own models for their older version. I'd say 9 out of 10 modelers here had no experience before RF.

jeffpn said:
I have a grand total of 2 custom aircraft installed, both of which I own IRL. But that is not why I don't want to export in old formats. G4.5 can import anything. Then you can tweak it to fly right, if needed. I think that the software could become bloated if it ultimately has to become compatible with several different file types, something surely would suffer. No reason people can't upgrade to 4.5, I did. Or learn how to make their own models for their older version. I'd say 9 out of 10 modelers here had no experience before RF.

That helps explain why you don't have any interest in the import/export of RF, And yes you can import anything in 4.5, If KE had not changed the Kex converter, there would not be a issue of importing user kex for 4.5 back to 3.5. and yes maybe the software could suffer, maybe not, not a programmer. And yes upgrading to 4.5 is a option, I did also, but still run 3.5 for helping in the community if time warrants. Your point is taken though it seems one sided, enough said....

Lots of good ideas for G5 in this thread.

I would like to see one simple feature added (simple in idea, not sure about programing)

I mentioned this in a previous thread.

It would be really nice to be able to pick your plane and airport BEFORE launching Real Flight.

Adding this feature into the launcher would be nice.
That way you can get right down to flying what and where you want straight away without having to pick another plane and reload another airport once RF loads.

Maybe if this is simple enough to do, these nice folks will incorporate this feature into the G4.5 launcher.

Back