RF 7.5 Bug Reports

Issue:
Audio disappears goes mute when and after multilayer search for sessions windows is accessed or a hosted session is setup.
And stays muted (no audio whatsoever) until alt-enter (exit and re-enter full screen mode is done).

Keyboard command to mute/unmute audio has no effect in bringing audio back when it is gone.

May be related to windows focus but in fullscreen should not be.
Just clicking around on the screen which would normally bring focus back has no effect on getting audio back.

I can't reproduce that here. When I fly a multirotor that is actually in Acro mode (I tested with the tricopter and octocopter), it does not auto-level. It will happily maintain its current attitude all the way into the ground.

It sounds to me like you think you're in acro mode even though you aren't.

There are 6 available flight modes. Each of the stock copters has 3 of those modes available and selectable via channel 8 (the 3-pos switch on the InterLink).

The description for each model tells you what flight modes it supports. None of the standard variants include acro mode. They are configured for Stabilize, Altitude Hold, and Loiter.

Only one special variant is set up for acro: the Tricopter 900 (Manual Modes).

Of course, you can edit any model to change those modes or how they are selected! Look at the Multirotor Flight Controller's Flight Mode 1-3 properties.

I didn't try the octocopter in all modes :)
*sigh*
I'll go back through all of them and re-test.
The tricopter is definitely alright.

Good to know on the octocopter.

Select Airport, Bug?

From the screen menu, selecting "Environment"-"Select Airport" brings up the Airport selection menu. On my computer, I can scroll through menu, using my keyboard, but NOT, the Interlink Elite controller.:confused:
In the detailed aircraft menu I can use either. (as in 4.5 & 7.0)

I have seen it many times between RF6 and RF7. My experience with 7.5 is very limited so far (only changed one thing in the editor) so I have not seen the error on 7.5 yet.

Good to know that it's happening to more than just one person. Well, not good exactly. ;) But it's useful to know that. It helps us prioritize.

MRs are not helicopters... a new symbol would be great.
It's true, they are not helicopters, though they are more like helis than airplanes. I'll file a case and maybe we can add a new type.

Another note on grouping... remember that the aircraft Quick Select dialog does offer Airplanes Only and Helicopters Only filters. Because multirotors are considered helis right now as noted, they will be included in the latter group.

I didn't try the octocopter in all modes :)
*sigh*
I'll go back through all of them and re-test.
The tricopter is definitely alright.

Good to know on the octocopter.

I may have muddied the waters a bit. In case it wasn't clear, I tested on the Octocopter by editing it and changing one of its flight modes to Acro. None of the stock variants have acro. I just picked that one at random to make sure acro mode wasn't working on the Triciopter but was broken everywhere else.

From the screen menu, selecting "Environment"-"Select Airport" brings up the Airport selection menu. On my computer, I can scroll through menu, using my keyboard, but NOT, the Interlink Elite controller.:confused:
In the detailed aircraft menu I can use either. (as in 4.5 & 7.0)

I assume by "detailed aircraft menu" you mean the Quick Select dialog, accessible via the gadget tabs on the left side of your screen. The standard MFC dialog, accessible via the main menu at the top of your screen, actually contains more details (which is why it's slower to load).

It looks like the behavior you describe changed between 6.5 and 7.0. I'm not sure why. I have filed a case.

Issue:
Audio disappears goes mute when and after multilayer search for sessions windows is accessed or a hosted session is setup.
And stays muted (no audio whatsoever) until alt-enter (exit and re-enter full screen mode is done).

I have reproduced that here in fullscreen mode. Thanks for the report. I will file a case.

I assume by "detailed aircraft menu" you mean the Quick Select dialog, accessible via the gadget tabs on the left side of your screen. The standard MFC dialog, accessible via the main menu at the top of your screen, actually contains more details (which is why it's slower to load).

It looks like the behavior you describe changed between 6.5 and 7.0. I'm not sure why. I have filed a case.
Actually I did mean the DETAILED AIRCRAFT MENU, AS, the main menu at top of the screen,(Comparing it to the Airport menu, of the same origin). Sorry didn't know the technical jargon! I ben skoolt. MFC

Actually I did mean the DETAILED AIRCRAFT MENU, AS, the main menu at top of the screen,(Comparing it to the Airport menu, of the same origin). Sorry didn't know the technical jargon! I ben skoolt. MFC

Ah, I misunderstood part of your message. My mistake.

MFC is the underlying technology upon which those selection dialogs are built, versus the quick select dialogs or the quick load dialog, for example. That makes it a useful way to differentiate between them and we use that terminology a lot internally, but MFC isn't part of the official name.

AC Editor, Octo 1000

...I agree. However, it turns out to not be simple at all. We are continuing to look at it. I can't make any promises about how it will end up working. For what it's worth, remembering custom layouts is high on our list, as well

Good point. The simpler it is for users, the harder it is to design and program. Eagerly awaiting your solution. (And I love the tabs and organization of components).

I also had control problems with the Octo 1000, except it would invert on its own rather than yaw. Happened twice. I tried switching aircraft and then going back to the Octo, which didn't fix it. Each time, I needed to exit RF and restart the program to fix it. Glad to hear that it is specific only to that aircraft and that you're working on it.

RF7.5.011 Grapple Challenge 1/5 "AT6" aircraft disappeared

In "Grapple Challenge", Tier 1, Level 5, the AT6 aircraft, no longer shows up in the hanger.
Everything had been working fine, since the BETA install...untill now.
After attempting a GPU driver update, through "Nvidia GeForce Experience" (note update went very poorly, freezing up computer 3 times before "successful install" showed) GT525M v.344.11 to v344.48.
After the GPU driver update, I went back to 7.5 for trial run. In grapple 5, I noticed the AT6 airplane, was missing from the hanger.:confused: SO...
1) I exited RF7.5.011, restarted the computer,and tried again, no fix.
2) In the Editor, in the Folder listing, Flight School HD> Objects> Grapple Object Group 2> Grapple object 22(click). In the "Properties" window, AT6, & RealFlight 7.5 showed up. But the plane its self, did not show, in the hanger. (note the Biplane, did show, in properties, and the hanger)
I went to airplane listings, and pulled up the AT6, outside challenges, and flew it. Its there!
3) Went to "Launcher" Update to specific version, 7.5.011, checked completely refresh. Tried again. Still no AT6 in challenge.
4) Went to system Restore. Backed up a couple of days, prior to driver update. which Uninstalled new driver, re-installed previous driver. (which was working) Repeated above steps. Still no AT6 in Grapple challenge 5.
5) Going to bed.:(
My guess is, I'm going to have to uninstall RF7 and start over:rolleyes: I hope I don't have to do G 4 & 4.5 too. D'OH:eek:

I checked my hangar in the challenge... the repo guys from TV got mine too! :D:D

So, it is not your machine... you reported a bug. They will fix it. Move on to the next challenge.

Hope you slept well.

Each version of RF stands on its own... you do not have to install previous versions to get RF7 up and running.

I would like to report that the sky in Flight School is really messed up after exiting from the challenge mentioned above... Thought it was my graphics card, but swapping "Environments" and returning loaded the "Environment" correctly. AFAIK

Last edited:
I checked my hangar in the challenge... the repo guys from TV got mine too! :D:D

So, it is not your machine... you reported a bug. They will fix it. Move on to the next challenge.

Hope you slept well.

Each version of RF stands on its own... you do not have to install previous versions to get RF7 up and running.

I would like to report that the sky in Flight School is really messed up after exiting from the challenge mentioned above... Thought it was my graphics card, but swapping "Environments" and returning loaded the "Environment" correctly. AFAIK
Sorry I forgot to mention the "SKY ISSUE" in my missing airplane report! I did experience big blocks of sky missing in Flight school HD.TOO! (It WAS late!) I thought it was IN Grapple Challenge 5, also... then in Flight school HD, when I exited challenges!
Currently back to original driver (v344.11), SKY looks ok in grapple challenge 5, and in Flight School HD after leaving challenge.

Yes, the missing AT6 in Grapple levels 5 & 10 is a known issue that we actually discovered shortly before you reported it. There is nothing you can do to fix it on your end, though as a workaround, temporarily updating backwards to 7.00.036 will let you play those specific levels.

We will fix this in an update.

Can you describe what you saw in more detail? Is it reproducible?

If it's the problem adrenoline 60 described where the clouds were seemingly replaced by simple squares, then it is an issue we have observed occasionally in our offices but cannot reliably reproduce.

If it's the problem adrenoline 60 described where the clouds were seemingly replaced by simple squares, then it is an issue we have observed occasionally in our offices but cannot reliably reproduce.
After my issue with missing blocks of sky, I attributed it, possibly, due to GeForce driver update, (v.344.11 to v.344.48) After reverting back to, v.344.11, the sky seemed fine in grapple 5. The following day I re-installed driver v.344.48 and haven't seen the issue again

Yes.. the sky is blank... I opened RF7.5 and went straight to the challenge and level he described... I put the other aircraft in the ring... and then pulled the one plane out of the ring... it was about then that I noticed the missing sky..

After my issue with missing blocks of sky, I attributed it, possibly, due to GeForce driver update, (v.344.11 to v.344.48) After reverting back to, v.344.11, the sky seemed fine in grapple 5. The following day I re-installed driver v.344.48 and haven't seen the issue again

Based on what we've seen here, it seems to happen completely randomly but very infrequently. I'm guessing the driver change actually had nothing to do with it and that timing was just coincidence. But thanks for the extra info.

Yes.. the sky is blank... I opened RF7.5 and went straight to the challenge and level he described... I put the other aircraft in the ring... and then pulled the one plane out of the ring... it was about then that I noticed the missing sky..

That sounds like a different problem. Are you able to reproduce it? I don't see that here.

Back