Super Sportster 120

Model changes color.
Tricks in the spec map, right? But I want to see the whole plane change color. <grin>

On another note I had to make an adjustment in the physics for the Sportster today in RF-X. I had never loaded it in RF-X until this afternoon and the strength setting for the springy landing gear was to high so I lowered it. It's always pretty bouncy in RF-X but when it's set to 300 it's really bouncy, so I lowered it to 100 like normal. I meant to check that a long time ago but forgot.

I want the quad with the flame thrower like I saw advertised on Helifreak in RF. We were all pretty shocked it was an actual available product and the site allowed such an irresponsible advertisement.

I did a CS up for the Trex 800E DFC that changes colors .. from Red to Purple to Blue. Big CS file with all the layers. It's like almost 14MB. Also have mirror surfaces for the silver and gold sections. It was one posted that I used as the basis so I didn't do it all from scratch. I sent it to technoid so maybe he can explain better how all that stuff works than I can.

Interesting. Would you mind explaining what you’re doing to accomplish this?
Open the d_dds file in Photoshop with Nvidia plugin and load the mipmaps, copy some mipmaps from one CS and paste into the other CS. You can see I copied the yellow mipmaps and pasted into the red pitts cs
Save as dds file into the model folder.

Attachments

• Color Change.jpg
    Color Change.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Color Change3.jpg
    Color Change3.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Color Change2.jpg
    Color Change2.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Color Change5.jpg
    Color Change5.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 6
I just finished the changes I was making to the Super Sportster 96 so I'll release it next weekend that way I can test it a bit more to make sure I didn't mess anything up. But I thought in the mean time I'd upload a beta for you guys to play with so you can get an early look and report any problems you find.

I created a custom engine curve using the built-in O.S. Max FS-200S and toned it down a bit to make it more realistic flying, at least to me. The built-in engine curve seemed too strong I don't think this is a 106 MPH plane so I tweaked the engine curve to get the plane closer to what a real plane would fly like (again to me). BUT.. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think so if it's wrong tell me what you think it needs. Thanks!

Brakes on UP elevator
Smoke on Channel 7

ASJ: Try out the Cinema Cam (F4) in RF-X and let me know if it seems right to you.

Super Sportster 120 36.jpg

Attachments

• Super Sportster 96_EA.RFX
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I just finished the changes I was making to the Super Sportster 96 so I'll release next weekend so I can test it a bit more to make sure I didn't mess anything up. But I thought in the mean time I'd upload a beta for you guys to play with so you can get an early look and report any problems you find.

I created a custom engine curve using the built-in O.S. Max FS-200S and toned it down a bit to make it more realistic flying, to me of course, the built-in engine seemed too strong and I don't think this is a 106 MPH plane so I tweaked the engine curve to get the plane closer to what a real plane would fly like (again to me). BUT.. I'd be interested to see what you guys think if it's wrong tell me what you think it needs. Thanks!

Brakes on UP elevator
Smoke on Channel 7

ASJ: Try out the Cinema Cam (F4) in RF-X and let me know if it seems right to you.

View attachment 118180
Thanks Technoid for the beta test model, I will load the Super Sportster into RF9 and RF-X and report back.

Also I have a version with and without dihedral so let me know your thoughts on that too.

As you know I like the no dihedral but then that is not the way the ARF is made. Made myself a couple variations on the CS.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1589475517.jpg
    ScreenShot1589475517.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1589641425.jpg
    ScreenShot1589641425.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 10
Wow, a lot to catch up on in this thread for me. The super sportster is looking very nice. Huge bonus to have many color schemes at release. Excellent work Technoid.

The Beta model has 1.8 degrees dihedral and it fly's absolutely incredible, love it.
On low rates the model is a great sport flying plane, but flip to high rates and the model really comes alive.
The Cinema cam is positioned just right for me, great viewing angle.
Excellent work Technoid.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2020-05-24 13-18-24-55.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2020-05-24 13-18-24-55.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 7
  • RF-X_x64 2020-05-24 13-33-15-88.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2020-05-24 13-33-15-88.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 6
Back