Techair Commander EP

I just added a flap/aileron override switch so you can have full-width ailerons with "no" flaps or ailerons and flaps depending on the channel 8 3 position switch on the InterLink Elite. Here's how the override works let me know if this seems okay to you.

Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Middle: Full Width Ailerons (NO FLAPS)

Channel 8 3 Position switch in the Forward or Backward Position: Normal Ailerons with Flaps on the Channel 6 Knob (like normal)

If anyone wants a new beta with that added let me know and I'll upload another beta. But please let me know with a comment not a "like" to me that just means you read my post not an answer to the question.

. This might help Tech.
Thanks the roll rate seemed pretty close to mine near the middle when he was rolling it for a while. Maybe a bit faster. What do you guys think I have no problem speeding it up a little. Of course the flap/override switch I just added increases the roll rate a fair amount. And the plane will hover now, not great but it will hover.

I wouldn't mind trying your new setup with the flaps aileron mix.
Okay I'll upload another beta but I'm cooking dinner now and then I'll watch a movie with the wife so it will be late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Just visiting. Thought about trying to work on one of my unfinished models but since I lost my Max license, I lost everything I had worked on as well. I don't care to try and relearn Blender, and Wings doesn't do it all so maybe I'll try a CS or two.
Very cool it's good to see you again.

Just visiting. Thought about trying to work on one of my unfinished models but since I lost my Max license, I lost everything I had worked on as well. I don't care to try and relearn Blender, and Wings doesn't do it all so maybe I'll try a CS or two.
Hey Andy, great to see you dropping by... (y) (y) :), I can understand your feelings on the modeling aspect of things, BUT a CS would be nice to see...:):)👀

I'm going to tweak the control throws and expo settings before I upload another beta so it will be tomorrow before I get to it.

Was bored today Tech., so I thought I`d research the planes CS some, You`ve probably got these already, but I`ll post them anyways in case you don`t, just some close up graphics on the plane

Attachments

• BOTTOM LEFT WING.PNG
    BOTTOM LEFT WING.PNG
    410.4 KB · Views: 7
  • BOTTOM RT WING.PNG
    BOTTOM RT WING.PNG
    441 KB · Views: 5
  • DECAL 1.PNG
    DECAL 1.PNG
    170.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DECAL 2.PNG
    DECAL 2.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DECAL 3.PNG
    DECAL 3.PNG
    342.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DECAL.PNG
    DECAL.PNG
    407.2 KB · Views: 7
Was bored today Tech., so I thought I`d research the planes CS some, You`ve probably got these already, but I`ll post them anyways in case you don`t, just some close up graphics on the plane
Yes if you got those off the pictures I have a full set of blue and red color scheme pictures. But I won't be using the decals from the real plane but I will make the color scheme like it, but the text will be different. It's a Techair Commander not an E-flite Commander. But thanks for posting them anyway. I'll use the registration number but not the spektrum, as3x, E-flite, horizon hobby, ect.

After flying more with the Aileron/Flap Enabled I think I need to change what switch controls it. I'll probably fly "most" of the time with the Aileron/Flap Enable OFF so there are separate ailerons and flaps. So maybe the best thing to do is put the Aileron/Flap Enable on the Channel 8 3 Position Switch Forward (away from you). I say that because I typically keep the Channel 8 3 Position Switch in the Middle, which right now turns ON the Aileron/Flap Enable and I'd rather have it OFF most of the time.

UPDATE: I just deleted the beta I uploaded this morning since I don't want it to be downloaded anymore until I redo the switch assignment. But if you disagree with changing the switch assignment let me know. I'll wait till I get some comments on it before I make the change.

Last edited:
Forward position would be good for me, that way I just have to push forward for full aileron\flap control, as opposed to trying to find center position in between maneuvers.

Here's a new beta with the revised aileron/flap enable switch settings.

The aileron and elevator throws were increased 2% and the flaps were increased 4%. The expo on everything was reduced to what I normally use, which is 20%. So when you "are not" using the aileron/flap enable the plane has a little more authority. And when you use the aileron/flap enable the roll rate goes up because the ailerons are now full width. With the aileron/flap enabled it now hovers because of the increased aileron width.

The aileron/flap enable simply changes to full-width ailerons with NO flaps. When the enable is OFF you have ailerons and flaps. So it's just a toggle from ailerons and flaps to full-width ailerons with NO flaps.

Controls are set for the InterLink Elite.

Aileron/Flap Enable OFF: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Towards You or In The Center.

Aileron/Flap Enable ON: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Away From You.

Flaps: Channel 6 Knob when aileron/flap enable is OFF

Techair Commander EP 45.jpg

Attachments

• Techair Commander EP_EA.RFX
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back