Techair Commander EP

Great, I now have separate flaps and ailerons.

I have the original Commander (red livery) which I haven't flown for a couple of years, nor anything else for that matter due to pandemics and other things. Hence my desire to see it in Realflight as I am trying to get back up to speed on the simulator before heading back to the field.

I'll try and answer any questions you may have but I'm by no means an expert.
Mostly I want your general opinion on how my version of the commander flys compared to the real one.

Second how does the speed of my version compare to the real one. I think the older red version was only 3S and the new version is 3S or 4S.

I'm just interested in any real world info on it.

Oh, just so you know. They'll be a red and blue cs for it at release.

Last edited:
You're right, my version of the Commander is a 3S. I'll give it a good test tomorrow and let you know how I think it compares.

It is a great plane to fly but having read reviews on the new one using a 4S it sounds like it might be even better. I might even think about upgrading mine to the new spec.

That sounds a good idea about both colour schemes - any idea when you think you will release it?

I just finished adding wheel wells to the wheel pants so now you can't see through the wheel opening from the bottom of the pants. I'm not sure what's left, I'm tired and need a break, but it must be getting close to mapping.

You're right, my version of the Commander is a 3S. I'll give it a good test tomorrow and let you know how I think it compares.

It is a great plane to fly but having read reviews on the new one using a 4S it sounds like it might be even better. I might even think about upgrading mine to the new spec.

That sounds a good idea about both colour schemes - any idea when you think you will release it?
Thanks I'll be very interested in anything you want to comment on. As far as when I'll be finished it's a fairly long process to create a plane so it takes quite a while. And recently because of my wife's health I've been getting a little slower. Not that any of that information helps. But it will be weeks probably before I'm finished.

I put the wings on my commander and if it has rounding it's so slight that I can't tell either way, so I'd say your good with leaving it in your model. I don't think it will be noticeable and not likely to affect any flight characteristic, your model flies well. Sorry I can't help with whether it flies like the actual model.

I put the wings on my commander and if it has rounding it's so slight that I can't tell either way, so I'd say your good with leaving it in your model. I don't think it will be noticeable and not likely to affect any flight characteristic, your model flies well. Sorry I can't help with whether it flies like the actual model.
Thanks for the information. The slight curve in my model won't change the flight characteristics because it's not in the physics, just the 3d model.

Been flying your Commander for a while this morning and it is really good. If I keep the throttle down it flies very much like my original Commander. Landing is very accurate, my Commander likes to float a lot on final approach with full flaps and doesn't want to come down. Your Commander recreates that very nicely. I guess that means I need more practice at getting the thing down! My proficiency in aerobatics is pretty limited but loops and rolls seem very accurate on your Commander and very reminiscent of those I remember doing on mine.

This is just what I've been looking for so thanks very much for letting me try it out. Hopefully I'll soon be ready to get airborne again.

Been flying your Commander for a while this morning and it is really good. If I keep the throttle down it flies very much like my original Commander. Landing is very accurate, my Commander likes to float a lot on final approach with full flaps and doesn't want to come down. Your Commander recreates that very nicely. I guess that means I need more practice at getting the thing down! My proficiency in aerobatics is pretty limited but loops and rolls seem very accurate on your Commander and very reminiscent of those I remember doing on mine.

This is just what I've been looking for so thanks very much for letting me try it out. Hopefully I'll soon be ready to get airborne again.
Thanks, I really appreciate your input that's just what I needed. I have one more question. I'm sure you've read the comments on what seems to be a rounding-in of the leading edge of the wing from where the tire shows on the picture of the wing to the fuselage and I modeled that in my plane but now one person with the real plane says it must be a lens error in the picture because his plane is straight from the fuselage out to that area. So what's your wing look like. I'm nearly ready to start mapping the plane so I'd like to clear up that last thing before I do.

I've just put a straight edge on both wings and there is no rounding-in between the tyre and the fuselage on either wing. Hope that helps.

I'm about to ask a really stupid question. I'm new here--how do I fly your version? I have the real thing (the new, blue version) so I'm very excited to fly yours.

I'm about to ask a really stupid question. I'm new here--how do I fly your version? I have the real thing (the new, blue version) so I'm very excited to fly yours.
I assume you know how to download a plane from the swap pages and import it into RealFlight. If you do just download my latest beta from the following link and import it into RealFlight like a swap page plane.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/techair-commander-ep.57547/post-359128

If you don't know how to download and import a plane in RealFlight this link should help you.

https://forums.realflight.com/index...-steam-version-of-evolution.57968/post-359152

Please let me know what you think after you fly it. My version is a personal take on the Commander so I call it Techair Commander EP, it has an 84 inch wingspan and does not have as3x. It's not finished yet so it doesn't have a real paint scheme, but it will when I release it.

I think I'm finished with the 3d modeling so it's time to start mapping. I'll fly it a few more times to make sure I don't want to change anything but at least it's starting to get there. I have to admit I'm interested in seeing what the color scheme looks like on it.

It's your plane Tech. It's just how far into detail do you want to go. I always think it gives any plane a little more character though.

I like them. Probably another of my dumb questions: Do small details like this that look great in the editor but aren't very visible in flight affect the fps?

Thanks for your input guys.
I like them. Probably another of my dumb questions: Do small details like this that look great in the editor but aren't very visible in flight affect the fps?
There's not a lot of triangles in them for any decent graphics card so I don't think it would change the fps. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I added the wing servo linkage today. The servos are hidden so you only see the linkage. The servo linkage won't move it's just there for show like all the built-in planes I've looked at.

View attachment 133579
Linkage animation is no fun at all. I did it anytime I modeled them and it adds so much time to setup. I did flex linkages that are attached to the sides of the fuselage on my Tribute. Now THAT was an interesting setup.

Linkage animation is no fun at all. I did it anytime I modeled them and it adds so much time to setup. I did flex linkages that are attached to the sides of the fuselage on my Tribute. Now THAT was an interesting setup.
I've done a little linkage animation and it is a pain and time consuming. It just doesn't float my boat. I think the linkage itself adds a nice touch, but it's enough for me just to see the parts in the editor.

Back