Techair Commander EP

I finished adding the servo linkage and imported it in realflight, they work like the ones on the built-in planes. The control horn rotates with the control surface and the servo linkage rod is static. I just centered the pivot points on all the parts so they're not setup to add animation to them.

You know, there's somethings about modeling that's just plain work. One is mapping and the other is adding the collision mesh. When you model the plane you get to see it take shape. But mapping and the collision mesh are just a way to make you pay for the fun of modeling it. I was going to start mapping today but I figured I better finish the collision mesh since I only created it for the tires and wings. So now I get to do the two most boring parts of modeling back to back. Oh lucky me. HA!

I've been working on the collision mesh but I gotta stop for a while.

Sounds like you’re putting in WAY more detail in the C mash than I ever did. 20-30 minutes and that was done. Only places I was truly precise on was wheels and wing tips. I’d literally have maybe 100-150 polys in the mesh.

Mapping…….I HATED mapping. That’s also one big reason I had so many models not make it to the swaps. Once I got to that point I was done mentally with it. I enjoyed pushing my limits on the visual model though.

Sounds like you’re putting in WAY more detail in the C mash than I ever did. 20-30 minutes and that was done. Only places I was truly precise on was wheels and wing tips. I’d literally have maybe 100-150 polys in the mesh.

Mapping…….I HATED mapping. That’s also one big reason I had so many models not make it to the swaps. Once I got to that point I was done mentally with it. I enjoyed pushing my limits on the visual model though.
Yeah I'm sure I put more detail into it than I have to, but that's just me. HA !

And I'm the same way, by the time I get to mapping something I'm tired of the project and want to move on.

Yeah I'm sure I put more detail into it than I have to, but that's just me. HA !

And I'm the same way, by the time I get to mapping something I'm tired of the project and want to move on.
Thanks for all your work! The custom models are my favorite part of Realflight sim. I'm sure completing a model takes an enormous lot of time, and I benefit from it! Some of your models are some of my favorites!

Thanks for all your work! The custom models are my favorite part of Realflight sim. I'm sure completing a model takes an enormous lot of time, and I benefit from it! Some of your models are some of my favorites!
Well that's great to hear, Thanks !

I worked on the collision mesh this morning the only thing left is the tail gear. But now it's time to go grocery shopping so I better stop.

Would you mind posting a shot of your C mesh around your model? Just interested in how you do it.

Like I said before, the wheels were the only place I was really specific. I'd duplicate the wheels and delete everything except the center 2-3 rows of polys. Sometimes I'd even shrink that down just a bit to give the illusion of the wheel compressing under pressure.

Would you mind posting a shot of your C mesh around your model? Just interested in how you do it.

Like I said before, the wheels were the only place I was really specific. I'd duplicate the wheels and delete everything except the center 2-3 rows of polys. Sometimes I'd even shrink that down just a bit to give the illusion of the wheel compressing under pressure.
Here you go.

Techair Commander EP 51.jpg

I started mapping today. I didn't get much done just the fuselage, left wing, and pilot. I'm on and off when I map. I'll do one or two parts and then play my game for a while and then map a little more. Anyway at least the mapping is on the way.

I know everyone is waiting on pins and needles for me to map the next part, so I did, the right wing. HA !

You know I just thought of something. I haven't backed up this project at all.

Another mini-update. I mapped both hstabs and the vstab this morning. So I guess next is the landing gear and wheel pants. Then after that all the little servo linkage parts, there's lots of them.

Back