Techair Commander EP

Well the first pass of mapping is finished. That means all the parts are still full sized from the initial mapping. Now I have to go back and resize everything and put it on the grid. Then it will be time to do the 1x1 mapping so all the sides match up so any crossover lines will meet properly.

I added the stripes I use for 1x1 mapping and took a quick look. From the first glance the crossover mapping looks really good so I don't think the 1x1 mapping will take very long. So it looks like I lucked out on this plane.

I just finished the 1x1 mapping so now I can start working on the color scheme.

There are two versions of the e-flite mpd commander, the first was red the second is blue. So does anyone have a preference for what color the release plane should be? I was going to go with blue since the current versions is blue but sometimes I like red planes the best. I plan to release it in "one" color and at the same time release the "other" color as a color scheme. So at release you can have whichever color you like best. I'm just wondering who likes which color the best, blue or red.

Tech, I like the red. Just a thought though. :unsure: If you release it with the red CS and the current eflite scheme is blue. And people want the current eflite CS, they will have to download both the red EA to get the blue CS. Hopefully that made sense.

Tech, I like the red. Just a thought though. :unsure: If you release it with the red CS and the current eflite scheme is blue. And people want the current eflite CS, they will have to download both the red EA to get the blue CS. Hopefully that made sense.
Yes it makes sense to me. And that's why I was going to go with Blue for the release CS. Since the current version is Blue and that's what most people would be flying. I guess I'll probably do that even though I like Red the best.

I guess what I was thinking was, you would get more downloads if released in red. Because you would have to have the red EA first to get an additional CS which would be the blue CS. If people want the current blue and it was released in blue then they would just pass the red CS up. Just my goofy way 🤪 of thinking.

I guess what I was thinking was, you would get more downloads if released in red. Because you would have to have the red EA first to get an additional CS which would be the blue CS. If people want the current blue and it was released in blue then they would just pass the red CS up. Just my goofy way 🤪 of thinking.
OPPs I guess I got it backwards.

Here's a start on the CS. Is the blue close enough? I've seen lots of different shades in pictures from light to fairly dark like I have it. I got this color from a picture of the bottom of the plane from horizon hobby. So let me know about the color it's easy to change.

Oh.. I haven't put the dihedral back yet I remove the dihedral while I'm mapping.

Techair Commander EP 55.jpg

Well IMHO, It looks a little on the dark side. After looking at a lot of pics. I`m posting two pics. which I think represent the planes blue color the best. In pic. #1, I think the blue on top of the wing (just behind the leading edge) is a good representation of the true color. Then, in pic. #2, I think the blue on VSTAB, (again, just behind the leading edge) looks good. "I`m pretty sure" these pics. were taken in a studio environment with good lighting which would show the true color of the plane. I picked those two spots because there`s no light reflecting off those areas, and they`re not shaded. The blue on the VSTAB appears just a shade darker than the wing, so I`d probably pick the blue on the wing, but either would look fine.

Attachments

• E-FLIGHT.PNG
    E-FLIGHT.PNG
    562.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DECAL 3.PNG
    DECAL 3.PNG
    342.7 KB · Views: 5
Back