Techair Commander EP

Can you tell me how to replace the downloaded white "Techair Commander EP_EA.RFX" with this color scheme in RF?
That's a beta version the 3d mesh wasn't finished or mapped so you can't replace the color scheme. But once I get a little closer on the color scheme I'll release another beta version for you guys. Right now I'm only working on the stripes for one side of the plane so the other side doesn't have anything on it.

Last edited:
I think you're right going with the blue as this is the current model but if the red is available as an option for people like me who have got the original then that would be great. It's looking really good, well done.

I think you're right going with the blue as this is the current model but if the red is available as an option for people like me who have got the original then that would be great. It's looking really good, well done.
I'm glad you like it thanks for your comment. I plan to release a Red CS the same day I release the plane. That way everyone can have the one they want.

Yeah, that looks a lot better, glad to assist. Question, are you going to do a normals map to simulate the ribs in the wings and stabs. ?? That would really add to the plane. I know you did ribs on the SE5a, which look nice, just not sure if you painted them or used a map.. :unsure: :unsure:
I'm not sure about that. I admit I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure if I'll do it. And if I remember correctly the SE5a used a normal map.

Since modeling ribs has been mentioned, I come up with a real low poly way to do those a long time ago that looks really good. If you’d like I’ll dig that info up and post it here. To me it’s a much better look than using a normal map.

Since modeling ribs has been mentioned, I come up with a real low poly way to do those a long time ago that looks really good. If you’d like I’ll dig that info up and post it here. To me it’s a much better look than using a normal map.
I do recall you doing that, I forgot that it was modeled though, instead of using a normal map, if I recall, you "dipped" the fabric of the wings somehow, instead of raising the ribs.. :unsure: :unsure: I`m not sure, but I think you used that method on the 33% Pitts.

Thanks but I don't want to go back and rework the wings and then map them again so if I do anything it would be a normal map. Call me lazy I guess.

I added all the stripes I've done so far to the other side of the plane so if this looks like something you want to fly let me know and I'll upload another beta. I haven't done anything to the Spec Map so everything is a little shiny.

Oh.. there's nothing on the bottom of the plane so far so this is any early look at the CS.

Techair Commander EP 61.jpg

Last edited:
Back