Top Flight Taurus

Well here I got again. Got board reducing the poly count on the A-10 project and decided to start modeling the vintage Veco 35 engine of my Topflight Taurus. The one in the Taurus is just a low poly stand in I got from crash again a few years back.

Attachments

• VECO-01.JPG
    VECO-01.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
  • VECO-02.JPG
    VECO-02.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 3
  • VECO-03.JPG
    VECO-03.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
Taurus

What ever happened to this build? Got the AV to load Terry, but not the EA.
Have an idea on physics, just not colors or anything else needed.
But I'm sure I could figure it out. Physics I could do fairly easy. Colors
or mapping might be a challenge. (Don't have any sophisticated hardware
or programs loaded for that kind of work.)
I figured if I could get an EA to load, I too could mess around with it's physics
and load it up to the swaps.
Would love to see this one done. From reading this thread, others too.
Know this an older thread, but just now located it.
Builder and r/c pilot myself..this may end up being the next one on the table. Know of a couple of kit cutters re-producing this kit.
Would be pretty neat to have this classic design in RF.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks "Hab"

Wouldn't it be ironic if I built it? This is my favorite thread of all time. At the time, I had no idea he was referring to me!!! Posts 27 to 52 or so.

jeffpn said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if I built it? This is my favorite thread of all time. At the time, I had no idea he was referring to me!!! Posts 27 to 52 or so.

Start it over again? What would you need? Let me know Jeff.
Sure I could do a little home work and find whats needed.

Now that I've read this thread I'm more offended than ever to be accused of being heely. Have I ever been so childish as this guy? I would like to think not. Sure I've made some comments about the ratings and have been a bit sensitive at times, but my skin is getting thicker. I would never stop doing something I love because of others comments. I'd like to think I'm more mature than that. Now I know what an insult its been. :(

Well I'm definitely not touching this one. Don't want to throw fuel on the fire of suspicion.

That ship has sailed! ;) Seriously, take it if you want it. You and I have had this discussion a few times.

I don't want it. That wasn't my intention for posting in this thread. Anyways JB might revive this one some day.

Boof69 said:
I don't want it. That wasn't my intention for posting in this thread. Anyways JB might revive this one some day.

simple request..... :confused: .... figured either would be the one's for this
build.
Boof...excellent job on the Kaos by the way. Almost the same bird. Figured this
would almost be a no brainer for you.

Hey..thanks anyway

I build a variety of types of planes. I'm not sure just because I built the Kaos I should build the Taurus. Glad you liked the Kaos though. Thanks :)

I think Terry only builds when he is board.
Someone go over and boar him to death until the Taurus is finished. :D

Boof69 said:
I build a variety of types of planes. I'm not sure just because I built the Kaos I should build the Taurus. Glad you liked the Kaos though. Thanks :)
Yea...Kaos is the favorite in the hanger at this time. Looks good and flys great. Always taking flights with that one. Not a 3D pilot...but rather an ordinary
Sunday sport / pattern flyer. Excellant plane for that. (Probably have to build one
of those too....Bridi kits are still available.)

First loaded the Kaos you did and thought it was so realistic looking and flew/
reacted close to real. Just wishing there were more sport / pattern like this from the '60-'80's era.

Just searched for a Taurus and stumbled upon this thread, and the other where
someone built a Taurus. Looked like it was just about done, then all of a sudden bulder was banned
from the forum. "Ah shhhhhizle!" Just my luck. Followed it threw and found that
Terry - "junkboy99" had picked it up...thinking there was still hope with this one.

He had stated he had it almost done, but was confined w/ work restraints.

Followed that link, and he supplied an EA link for the plane. Some one else
had done a AV for it, trying to clean it up apparently. I got the AV to load,
but not the EA. Thought that I might be able to play around with it some how,
{I'm not a computer guru and I don't have any sophisticated programs for doing
this kind of work... can build real R/C..but not sim related aircraft.}

When I found this thread for the Taurus, I was hopeful. I know they're a few
co.'s reproducing and cutting this kit and thinking it just may be the next one on
the table. I prefer the old '60's / '70's sport/ pattern planes.

Then this thread appeared. "Awesome!!!" Would be neat to have this one in the
hanger....perhaps? Practice with winds, with this one, so I'd have an idea of what to expect....
when I get to building this ship and flying some day?.

Would love to have this one. But, if it's not to be, so be it. No big deal.
Thinking it was a decent bird and shouldn't be ignored. Great plane from the
era...so I read

Last edited:
Back