Top Flight Taurus

That is going to be an excellect aircraft when its finished. It flies pretty good just the way it is.

You may want to beef up the horizontal stabilizer, it comes off when you pull out of a high speed dive. Sometimes one side comes off and you can still fly it. If both sides come off the flight is over :eek:

Thanks Duds and Dudsettes

I still have some smoothing to do and a little more detail, maybe a little pilot, but none of will changes the physics setup so change it how you see fit and get back with me.

I'm a Classic High wing flyer, that is all I fly in real life. Only thing on this model that is close to being right is the wing's profile. I took that from some plans and a build thread on a RC forum.

Wow

Alot can happen in six days that I've been gone. I guess if you could do this in six days, YOU have improved on GOD's time of seven, to create the world. Sorry, no pun intended. Great job Junkboy999, I guess this Taurus will actually Hit the swaps, rather than just the creaters computer. Thanks

Last edited:
Flight Physics

Here is my edit of the flight physics. It has level, or near level flight, at top speed. The throws have been softened a bit, to mimic a real R/C model in flight. I have no experience with how the craft flys, so I hope those who do, will let me know how I did. Knife edges are easily done and flight characteristics are pretty much on par for an R/C aircraft. Good job on the model Junkboy999 and good luck to all.

Attachments

• Herc40's edit taurus2_AV.G3X
    17.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Junkboy...I wanted to say thank you for making up the Taurus. I have been flying it for awhile and like it. Also thanks to Herc for a dialed in r/c groove. It flies as if it's on rails....nice package. Thanks again, Junkboy. ;)

adding detail

NP

Just cleaning up same bad looking lines and adding detail. Herc40 was busy at his work sight, ( wonder if he works at all or just plays on his laptop all day). He made a little pilot, so I had to place him in the Taurus

Attachments

• OLDPILOT.JPG
    OLDPILOT.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 28
not to offten..

But sometimes I manage to get some work done in between. the pilot looks good in the Taurus, I like it. Thanks SimChick, I'm glad you like the AV. Thanks for the kind words. Austin Powers: Groovie baby, YEAH.

Last edited:
you know.......

you could add your spoke wheel to this bird and make it look different. hehehehe.

That Taurus is a nice flying airplane. Junkboy, I was wondering if the wing span at 70" - 72" could the overall size be brought up to around 85" - 90" or so? I think it would even be more impressive....a greater sense or feel of the airplane...like it was closer to you. Either way, it's cool.
Also I just have to know, SimChick, how did you get started in flying? You really seem like you know what you're doing.

wing span

Hey Aircraft1

I got it set up for 70" wing span, as per so planes I found on the Net, After it is released you can scale it up just a bit if you wish in the edit aircraft menu. The jury is still out on the amount of dihedral it should have, some plans shows none and other have a few Degrees. So I'm reading up on it.

The Taurus definately had some dihedral in it, Junkboy. I can't find any info on the exact amount, but the amount you've got in yours seems about right. I put a 52 4 cyc in Herc's AV Taurus and it sounds great and flies great.

I know, I know........

that this may not be the same plane, but it was still made in the same era as the Taurus, and the same dihedral can be apllied here. It looks the same type of airframe and should do well with the same dihedral. Sorry no dihedral numbers to give you, you should be able to make it look like the Perigee by rotating the wings in Wings 3D. Good luck.

Attachments

• Perigee 2.jpg
    Perigee 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Perigee1.jpg
    Perigee1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
thanks

Aircraft1, i'm glad you like the AV. I think the flight physics are pretty close to what they need to be. Thanks again.

hey

What happened to this thread? Where do you stand on the Taurus? Give us an update Junkboy999, let us know whats going on. Thanks dude

TopFlite Taurus rework

Ok

I reworked the TopFlite Taurus a bit. The Fuselage got smoother. I redid the Canopy. I al so added the Thrust 50 Electric motor to the model too. This way users can turn on what power plant they like to show ~CS_2STROKE / ~CS_ELECTRIC in the option. The only draw back to doing this is, there will not be a working throttle or working electric stator in the motor.

I'm at 16k polys now so I not sure but I might re-work the Engine head and the muffler a bit to get them more to the level of the rest of the model.

Attachments

• TAURUS01.JPG
    TAURUS01.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
  • TAURUS02.JPG
    TAURUS02.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 22
  • TAURUS03.JPG
    TAURUS03.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Paint Scheme

Ok I found a Good Example of the paint scheme I want on the Taurus. This one. This is my new rescue model. The guy had it hanging in his basement for 12 year. It need the main tires but all original. One of the horizontal stab bottom sides need re covering and there is a Fix on the left wing. What a nice find.
I might have to model a new pilot and instrument panel

Attachments

• TUR001.JPG
    TUR001.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 24
  • TUR002.JPG
    TUR002.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 19
I picked it up in Toto land. I still have not get the chance to get to Florida to pick up my 1/4 Pilot Decathlon. Hope to leave this Wednesday

Got a good start on the Taurus tonight. Need to blend the lines to smooth them out a bit.

Attachments

• TUR003.JPG
    TUR003.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 38
Back