Recent content by pgoelz

1. P

Creating a new photofield airport from scratch in G4.5

Well, I didn't give PTGui an extensive trial when I was evaluating stitching programs. Sounds like I'll have to revisit it. How DOES it handle featureless skies? Do you manually set stitch points and aspect ratio corrections? Paul
  2. P

FWIW, that is what I like about Panorama Plus..... you don't need ANY head at all as long as your individual photos overlap. In fact, it can extract and stitch frames from video too.... just pan around and make sure you cover the whole 360 degree sphere. The only hard part is making sure that...
  3. P

Interesting request, but not really necessary. Creating a photofield airport is not THAT bad. If your field is fairly flat, all you have to do is create the panorama. The rest is pretty simple. The heli practice field I did was made from about 30 photos. I put the camera on a tripod and...
  4. P

The two things that I have found difficult when making panos are the sky and the ground. They generally have either no detail (sky) or no unique detail (ground), and the pano stitching software fails to find stitch points. I have had to clone parts of each of the panos I have completed for...
  5. P

Funny.... I have not yet had the editor move anything or fail to properly export. In fact in my experience it works quite well once you figure out how to use it. Paul
  6. P

G5.0 Video Game or Sim?

Trolling? Since when is providing customer feedback (and generally positive at that) considered trolling? I bought RealFlight (after owning RFD for about ten years) and I am happy with it. I am merely suggesting that sales might be increased (that's a good thing, right) if there were a couple...
  7. P

G5.0 Video Game or Sim?

I own G4.5 and it has MP as well as gaming features. Which I paid for and have no interest in. RF basic was a bit TOO basic for my needs. Yes, you can please (nearly) everyone.... if you listen to them. Paul
  8. P

Dissapointed with Realflight G5

How about actually looking for the culprit? Turn on the display pane (forgot what it is called.... next one under the airport selection with the instrument dial) and see what frames per second number you are getting. Anything lower than the refresh rate of your monitor (usually 60Hz or 60FPS)...
  9. P

G5.0 Video Game or Sim?

And that will happen.... when? I fully understand the need (or at least the desire) to increase the target market. But as an RC flier who is not interested in gaming at all, I'm not happy about paying for all the gaming features that seem to be absorbing the development resources these...
  10. P

Newb questions about Hobbyzone planes

Some models also have less drag in the sim than they do in real life. That makes them extremely hard to land without overshooting the runway. It also doesn't help that they usually seem to be farther away in the sim than they really are so you tend to fly too close to the approach end of the...
  11. P

Aircraft-Airfield v4.5 versus v5

I really meant to drop this but..... Regardless of the perceived abusiveness of the person asking for help (and I didn't read his first couple posts as abusive at all, just frustrated), how does responding in kind EVER help the situation on a forum intended to HELP people? I think you...
  12. P

I'm sorry I brought it up. Carry on. Paul
  13. P

Folks, as a relatively new user here myself I feel compelled to point out that the edgy tone here on this forum from a couple prominent users only serves to drive off newcomers and stifle conversation. If that is your intent, you are doing it well. If that is not your intent, please consider...
  14. P

Control response time on G4.5

OK, report from the trenches.... I looked at a lot of video cards and settled on an nVidia GeForce 210 with 512MB DDR2 memory for $69. Running G4.5 in fullscreen mode with everything set to default and soft shadows and depth of field disabled I get around 130-150 FPS in a photofield airport...
  15. P

Starting to wish I never bought G5!

I have a several year old Linksys WRT54G and have noticed that intense network activity can sometimes make it go flakey or even stop responding. So far, the minimal MP I have done with G4.5 has not caused this, but you might want to reboot your router and see if it gets better. Unplug the...
Back