Recent content by TomXP411

1. TomXP411

RealFlight 9.5S vs reality

Yes, it's pretty close. I have spent a lot of time in various flight simulators: MSFS, X-Plane, and every version of RealFlight since G3. In my case, someone gave me an RC Paramotor for Christmas. This is about the simplest aircraft there is: It's got a large propellor on the back and hangs...
  2. TomXP411

RF Drone Real

You should really upgrade to RF 9.5, if you want to fly drones. The "Quadcopter X" is clearly meant to represent the DJI Phantom without actually being one, and there are bunch of other quadcopters and helicopters in the simulator. You can also build and edit your own maps... if you really...
  3. TomXP411

Flying Field

That actually works basically the same way as a 3D field: I honestly don't remember how to adjust the ground, but obstacles like fences, buildings, grass, and other things can all be added in the editor. If I recall, you want to use the "Depth buffer" objects, which have a physics mesh but are...
  4. TomXP411

Is anyone else having disconnect issues with the Interlink DX?

That's good to know. That may explain why the Interlink buttons (trim buttons and UI buttons) are suddenly usable as joystick buttons on the newer controller, when they were not usable on the Elite.
  5. TomXP411

Is anyone else having disconnect issues with the Interlink DX?

I believe it's a little more than just a game pad: The Interlink controllers act as license keys for the software, so there's some custom electronics in there. In fact, my older versions of RF (I go all the way back to 4) won't work with newer Interlink controllers... so I still keep my three...
  6. TomXP411

Flying Field

I've actually done a photofield of my local model airfield. A photofield is essentially a 360° panoramic photo. You need a picture with a 180° vertical field of view (FOV) and a 360° horizontal FOV. The best way to make this photo is with the right camera. If you have a fisheye lens, you can...
  7. TomXP411

Unexpected error occurred at startup, Realflight 9.5s (steam)

It's a nice thought, but USB doesn't really work that way. Each device on the hub negotiates its own speed, and you can have 1.1, 2.0, and 3.x devices all on the same hub at the same time. So plugging into the other port on the pair won't make any difference. As I mentioned previously, the...
  8. TomXP411

Unexpected error occurred at startup, Realflight 9.5s (steam)

Hi, I am having the same problem. I also have the AMD chipset with a Ryzen 9. RF 9.5S worked on my I9 system before my hardware update, and now it does not. Using a USB 2 hub does not work. I still get the error on startup. I left the controller unplugged and used my XBox Elite Series 2...
  9. TomXP411

How-to: Running RealFlight 7 on a mac using VMware Fusion.

IIRC, Parallels Fusion will allow you to run your Bootcamped Windows inside of a VM. So you can boot to a bare metal Windows instance or an OS X instance and run Windows in a VM. In both cases, you get the same Windows environment.
  10. TomXP411

Mobile App Forum

I'm with you on this. Being able to use an external controller is a big one for me. Getting models from the swap pages may prove more difficult, depending on how similar the PC and mobile simulation engine actually are.
  11. TomXP411

connecting storm i6s

That's a digital radio, so you will have to figure out how to put it in PPM mode for use with a buddy box. Check the manual, it should have some stuff in the "training mode" section.
  12. TomXP411

New Simulator Being Made Ready

Flingsticks I do not want... what I'd really like is support for hardware game controllers, like these: http://gizmodo.com/clamp-on-controller-bolsters-the-ipad-minis-gaming-prow-1592516640 http://store.apple.com/us/product/HE760VC/A/steelseries-stratus-wireless-gaming-controller The flying...
  13. TomXP411

Success Story

Thanks for that story, Jeff. I had a very similar experience with my first nitro plane, a Sig Kadet Senior. I flew only on RealFlight for a few weeks, then finally bought the plane and took it out to the field. I had someone help me get it in the air, then he handed me the controller. After...
  14. TomXP411

moving RF7 to my new computer

That's correct. You only need to install the latest version of the program. I have 4, 5, and 6 on my computer, and both v5 and v6 are upgrades. You do not need to install the older version for the upgrade; just enter the serial number from the box, enter your Internlink serial number, and it...
  15. TomXP411

USB extension? Anyone have luck with them?

FWIW, I use RF with a USB extension cable, and I've had no problems. I have two different cables I use: one is a simple 6' A-B cable, and the other one is a 15' cable with a built-in repeater. Both seem to work just fine. If you're having trouble, the problem could just be a lousy cable, or it...
Back