E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m

I started working on the fuselage this morning, but I only finalized the side view. I needed to wait until the wing was finished before I finalized the area around the wing. I also went back and reduced the diameter of the steering gear wire, it seemed a little thick to me so I reduced it 10 percent.

I started rounding out the fuselage. I have a fair amount done but there's still work to do on the bottom of the fuselage where the cowl is, the fuselage gets really round there. The top of the fuselage is square behind the wing to the stabilizers and medium round on the bottom from the wing back.

E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m 25.jpg

I just finished adding the intakes. There's not much left to do. I guess the next step is scaling it and loading it in RealFlight to see what it looks like. Oh. I still need to adjust the width of the landing gear on the fuselage. It will need a final adjustment after I rounded the fuselage.

E-flite Turbo Timber 2_0m 27.jpg

Last edited:
I rescaled the plane to 2 meters this morning. I think I'm going to grab the physics from the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m and scale it to 2 meters, that should give me something pretty close to work with. I think I need to go back and lower the bottom of the front window a tiny bit. The Turbo Timber 2.0m front window is a little above the side windows but I think I got it a bit higher than I should have. HA.. The more I think I'm about done the more little things I see I need to do.

Turbo Timber 2_0m Windows.jpg

Last edited:
I grabbed the Turbo Timber Evolution physics and scaled it to 2.0 meters. Then I went back and adjusted the size and placement of all the parts. Now I need to go back and adjust all the part weights. But I still have a few things I need to finish in the modeling, so I'll save that for later. Now it's break time.

Sometimes I'm as dumb as a hammer. Yesterday I scaled the plane to 2.0 meters like the name says, but when I happened to look at the specs again they said the plane was 2032mm instead of 2000mm. So it's really an 80 inch wingspan. Which I now remember I noticed in the beginning. So I had to go back and rescale the plane and then rescale the physics too. But the built-in physics rescale function saved me and resized it perfect. So now I'm back where I was yesterday, starting to add the little parts I haven't done yet.

Another dumb thing I did was reshape the spinner. For some reason I thought the spinner had a sharp point, so I reshaped the spinner that was on it. But now I realize the spinner is actually shaped like the original I had on it. So that's another thing I have to rework. (argh)

I went back to the original spinner and it looks right now. But when I did a build and looked at the plane in RealFlight the tail gear was misplaced, so I had to do the Reset XForm trick to fix it.

I went back to the original spinner and it looks right now. But when I did a build and looked at the plane in RealFlight the tail gear was misplaced, so I had to do the Reset XForm trick to fix it.
don't feel bad as we all benefit from you checking your builds over , they always turn out excellent and i am glad someone else makes the odd mistake and admits it :)

Back