Recent content by Haole

1. Haole

Worth Upgrading from v4.5?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Wasn't sure if they were sticking with the Holiday rollout schedule still. Thanks Phrank. C
  2. Haole

Worth Upgrading from v4.5?

Hey guys, Long time no checkie on KE. I fired up up 4.5 last night for the first time in a good while and enjoyed the practice. Life's been full of other stuff lately so I'm pretty far behind the times WRT what KE has been producing. That said, what are your impressions of 5.5 over 4.5? Would...
  3. Haole

Original designs and Real Flight as a tool

Nicely written, George and thanks for the acknowledgment re: the fun we have sharing ideas. I do want to caution anyone who is taking RF as a first step in modeling physics for an experimental design that for whatever reason, the CG in any given model in RF seems to be too far aft when compared...
  4. Haole

Intermittent Sound Output FAIL on Launch--Windows 7x64

Thanks! That was a good idea, although none of the permissions are different. The only change is in the path defining how the shortcut was created, which is all correct info (one specifies start menu the other specifies taskbar). They're otherwise identical properties throughout. Weird, no? Carl
  5. Haole

The Bug: OK, I positively identified the bug as being 100% correlated to trying to launch RF from a pinned taskbar icon. It repeatedly fails as described in my first post. Launching the program from within the program menu, or from a shortcut pinned to the start menu launches the program with...
  6. Haole

Hey guys, This one has me baffled. Clean install of 7-64 Pro, both Windows and Realtek drivers same issue: on launch of g4.5 I get no sound either directly from the .exe and using hte launcher. Relaunching a second or third time usually gets RF to output audio. 100% repeatable. Things I've...
  7. Haole

Recording Dynamic Soaring Over 300MPH

Thanks for the reply. That's some crazy fast speeds that you're tweaking out of the sim there, Maj! I'd prefer to keep everything stock and just find a way to record max airspeed so that I can go back and review my flights. Using the recording feature of the sim is nice to watch yourself fly...
  8. Haole

Recording Dynamic Soaring Over 300MPH

I've been really enjoying the DS Ridgeline airport lately and have gotten fairly good at DSing in the sim. Seems that with the standard wind levels and a slightly modded, ballasted Mistral (I decoupled the rudder from the ailerons) I can't get any faster than 358MPH. Even then it's just for a...
  9. Haole

Mistake building new machine for RF

I agree, you already have a very nice video card so until you start shooting for insane levels of AA and AF at very high resolutions you should be all set with that card.
  10. Haole

T-34c

Oh wow this thing is done already? Thanks, Doug, downloading now. Carl
  11. Haole

What do you think of this plane

Neat! That's a different set of lines. I like. If you ask nicely you might get one of the proficient designers here in the forum to make a RF model for the swaps.
  12. Haole

Ryan NYP "The Spirit of St. Louis" build

Very nice work! Looking forward to flying this piece of history. C
  13. Haole

Mistake building new machine for RF

Don't forget about the x58-based motherboards and (wasn't it skulltrail?) other intel chipset boards that are licensing SLI capability. It's not nForce only anymore... C
  14. Haole

Help us test our latest multiplayer changes

These Guys are Tight! I was trying to think of something witty to say but meh, I'm seeing the same problems as everyone else. This screenshot shows my only 'successful' connection to a .040 server after dozens of connection attempts this evening. You guys should make this a feature--it's...
  15. Haole

T-34c

Holy moly that's a lot of detail. Nice work!
Back