Recent content by Joe Teibel

1. Joe Teibel

The Directory Server Took a Holiday

I have put in place what I believe to be a more reliable monitoring system so that if the server software crashes it should restart in a timely manner. I also hooked that up to the server machines restart procedure so that if the machine unexpectedly reboots it should restart the server...
  2. Joe Teibel

The Directory Server Took a Holiday

Our directory server software resides on a remote server (the machine) somewhere in Texas (I believe). Since releasing G4.5 we have had zero problems with the server software crashing or the server machine going down. In the last two weekends, both have happened at the worst possible time...
  3. Joe Teibel

Multiplayer issues?

.036 versions (and earlier) actually use a separate server than the current version, .050. The .050 server crashed over the weekend and was not able to auto-restart. I'm looking into that now. It is up now. More explanation
  4. Joe Teibel

Multiplayer connection issues

The server (the software) crashed which is a first and the crash re-launcher failed to restart it. I'm looking into why it wasn't able to start again but it is just very unfortunate timing that it crashed on Saturday (morning) when we are gone over the weekend. It's up again now. More...
  5. Joe Teibel

Connection Errors...... Why?

I wasn't suggesting that something was wrong with that model but rather that there may be a problem specific to your motherboard or drivers i.e. a bug or failure specific to your machine. Memorial Day weekend, the actual server machine that RF's MP servers are run on crashed. I have no idea...
  6. Joe Teibel

Connection Errors...... Why?

Maj. Numbskully, if possible, you should try a different NIC in that machine. There isn't any reason you should be having the trouble you are having (where you have to reboot) and I don't see anyone else reporting that they have to go through that process after joining once. Personally, I...
  7. Joe Teibel

Multiplayer; how does it actually work?

Correct. We currently use a peer-to-peer topology. A basic explanation of how it works is that each client (and host) sends a message to all of the connected players telling them "where" their aircraft is at so it can be displayed at that location in the other players sims. For chat, weather...
  8. Joe Teibel

Multiplayer .046 testing feedback.

Using mpListPlayers and seeing a players IP with a port that is outside the range is perfectly normal. Routers will certainly use an external port that is different than the internal port. As I said, this is normal and will have no adverse affect on your multiplayer session.
  9. Joe Teibel

Ok. I was asking because we know some low-end routers have trouble connecting people - even people not behind routers. We've seen that numerous times in our testing. Perhaps you are trying to connect to a session with one of these "problem" routers.
  10. Joe Teibel

Maj. Numbskully, what kind of router are you behind?
  11. Joe Teibel

Heli, Plane hover trainer

Yeah, Scott has the right idea but to expand on it, the Trainers only work in airports that have an "Event Spawn". Not all airports have event spawns, especially custom airports. Loading a stock 3d airport should guarantee that the airport you are at has an event spawn or you could always load...
  12. Joe Teibel

New Multiplayer beta - .045

In our testing here in the lab, we've had some routers, usually lower-end NetGear and Belking routers, with ports forwarded that consistently fail to join a session or vice-versa, players connecting to them can't join or get dropped right away.
  13. Joe Teibel

I think what you are reporting here is that while you do not have a mic and voice chat is disabled, other players in a session with you are reporting that they see your voice indicator lighting up as if you were talking. Is that correct? Let me know. Thanks for the report.
  14. Joe Teibel

Yes, if the hosts session crashes, it will remain listed on the list server until the server recieves notification that the host has lost connection. Since his session crashed and he later restarted, this explains why you couldn't connect but then could later on. I'll look at the crash reports...
  15. Joe Teibel

By "error out" (and "..had errored") do you mean that the sim crashed i.e. closed unexpectedly then asked if you wanted to send an error report? If so and you did say it was ok to send the information to Knife Edge, the good news is we can take a look at this cause of the crash via the report...
Back